Students are required to meet with the Alvernia Office of Student Financial Planning in order discuss the total costs of your study abroad experience for your specific program, and to coordinate any aid you receive with your study abroad plans. (If work study awards are part of your financial package, please discuss alternative options with Student Financial Planning staff.)
Please stop by the Student Accounts Office in FH 201 to discuss billing deadlines and any issues related to your Alvernia Student Account.
- An Alvernia student can use a maximum of $3,000 in AU merit aid abroad per academic year.
- Please consult the Director of Global Learning for specific costs for certain programs since they vary based on program type, duration, and location.
- Please contact the Office of Student Financial Planning and the Office of Student Accounts to discuss what financial aid may or may not be used on study abroad experiences, how to fund study abroad, and payment options.
- The student is responsible for any additional program costs such as airfare, fees for passports and visas, everyday living
- expenses, public transportation, required textbooks, immunizations, etc.