Virtual events to take place Oct. 12-18
Alvernia connects members of the university community far and wide during the institution’s first-ever virtual HOME-coming Week.
HOME-coming Week 2020 will be celebrated Oct. 12-18 in an entirely virtual, online format, bringing Golden Wolves together in a way that is safe but full of spirit.
“We wanted to build upon the tremendous success of the 2019 Homecoming Weekend but needed to find a way to do so while protecting the health of our alumni, students, families, faculty and staff,” said Director of External Engagement Daniel Hartzman ‘06. “While we will miss the vibrancy created by gathering our community together on campus, we had developed a wide variety of programs and experiences that will be enjoyed by all.”
Some highlights of the week include:
- Monday, Oct. 12th, 6:00pm: Evening Prayer for the Alvernia Community
- Join the Alvernia community for a virtual evening of prayer and reflection. This service of Word and song will be our first online worship experience with faculty, staff, students, and alumni!
- Thursday, Oct. 15th, 7:00pm: Virtual Campus Tour
- Take a Virtual Tour of campus with one of our student Tour Guides. This will be a “live” tour with a great picture presentation, including some great before and after shots, that show how much our campus has transformed over the years. Great for alumni who have not been to campus for a while, even just 2 years! You will also get a glimpse of the future as CollegeTowne starts to become a reality downtown.
- Saturday, Oct. 17th, 10:00am: Coffee with the President and Provost
- Join our President, John Loyack and Provost, Dr. Glynis Fitzgerald for an update from campus. Learn about what is happening at The Vern, and get a glimpse at what to expect next. They will discuss all of the changes on campus, including CollegeTowne, the addition of academic programs, and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Saturday, Oct. 17th, 7:30pm: Trivia Contest
- How well do you know The Vern? Join this virtual trivia contest and compete against alumni, current students, faculty and staff to test your knowledge. We will cover all 60+ years of our history and include topics from across campus, and beyond. Need more incentive to sign up? There will be prizes – gift cards to the bookstore – for top finishers in a number of categories. The Trivia Contest will be hosted by Ryan Shannon, Class of 2016.
- Sunday, Oct. 18th, 7:00pm: Livestreamed Mass with Students in Veronica Hall Chapel
- We gather in thanksgiving for all the gifts we have received this week and to celebrate our Alvernia community: past and present. Join us for Mass, livestreamed from Holy Savior Chapel in Veronica Hall.
For a full list of events, please click here.