Executive Healthcare MBA
The ever evolving demands and changing complexities of our healthcare system require that healthcare professionals not only excel in their chosen specialty, they also need to possess the business acumen of top level executives. Advanced leadership, management, entrepreneurial and financial skills are as important in today's healthcare environment as diagnostic ability and bedside manner.
The Executive Healthcare MBA is offered at our Main Campus in Reading, PA and is designed to provide the working professional a cross-section multidisciplinary foundation in business. As the industry continues to experience strong growth, the need for professionals with the knowledge of the structure of healthcare markets and the skills to make informed business decisions continues to expand. The Alvernia Executive Healthcare MBA will provide healthcare professionals with the tools to address management, analytics, finance, risk management, leadership and business strategy.
Alvernia's Executive Healthcare MBA program is an ideal choice for physicians, practitioners, dentists, DNPs, podiatrists, drug representatives or those with a medical, skilled care facility or home care background who desire to transition into a role as a healthcare executive or administrator. Upon graduation, Executive Healthcare MBA students will be prepared for careers as a director in a healthcare facility, to lead a group practice, own a private practice or progress into other administrative roles.
Key features of the program include:
- Accelerated 18-month cohort
- Convenient evening classes for working professionals
- 12:1 student to faculty ratio
- Instruction from practitioners, administrators, and faculty with first-hand experience
- Culminating executive healthcare capstone synthesizing the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the program into practice
Curriculum (30 Credits)
- (16) hour pre-seminar covering introductory finance, accounting, marketing, and management for non-undergraduate business majors
Required Interdisciplinary Course (3 Credits)
- COR 520: Ethics and Moral Leadership
Required Business Courses (27 Credits)
- MBA 520: Marketing Services
- NUR 570: Healthcare Informatics
- MBA 620: Managerial Economics
- MBA 630: Managerial Finance
- MBA 611: Legal Aspects of Medical Environments
- MBA 513: Accounting for Healthcare Executives
- MBA 615: Strategic Management in Healthcare Systems
- NUR 611 or OT 611: Inter-Professional Collaboration: Leadership Skills to Increase Cultural Competency
- MBA 681: Executive Healthcare Capstone (taken in final 12 credit of program)
Alvernia University’s Business Department programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. For information explaining all of the benefits of earning a degree from an ACBSP accredited program, please visit www.acbsp.org or send an e-mail to email@example.com.