Alvernia University offers five post-baccalaureate teaching certificate options for educators interested in enhancing their skills in a specific area. The course work in a certification program can be applied toward earning a Master of Education degree.
Five Options to Advance your Teaching Career:
- Special Education Certification (Grades Pre K-8 and 7-12)
- Online Special Education Certification (Grades Pre K-8 and 7-12)
- Principal Certification
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist (Grades K-12)
Educators choose Alvernia’s teaching certification programs for the three values:
- Real-world connections that educators make between their prior experiences with children and new advanced knowledge and skills
- Rigorous coursework that prepares our graduates to handle academic and social demands in diverse school contexts in their role of an educator or administrator
- Responsiveness that begins with the first inquiry and lasts long beyond the program completion.
Take a full advantage of this opportunity to boost your skills and professional network to make a difference in young lives.
Sister Margaret Anne Dougherty, RSM, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Graduate Programs in Education
Kelly Burr, M.Ed
Coordinator of Graduate Admissions & Student Services, School of Graduate and Adult Education
610-796-8296 (phone) 610-796-8367 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Schuylkill Center
1544 Route 61 Hwy S. Suite 6190
Pottsville, PA 17901
Director of Philadelphia Center
1355 West Cheltenham Avenue
Melrose Park, PA 19027
What educators say about us
“The M.Ed. program at Alvernia University has provided an academically challenging experience which is relevant to my career as a teacher.” ~ Steph Snavely, M.Ed. ’10