Prior to joining Alvernia in July of 2006, Dr. Shirley J. Williams was the Dean of the School of Education at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington for four years. During her time at Gonzaga she:
- Developed a new community partnership that enhanced quality educational experience opportunities for the University and School of Education students;
- Coordinated the curriculum of the School of Education with other disciplines on campus to design new interdisciplinary programs that better utilized professional faculty expertise and connected disciplines in new ways;
- Facilitated the development of a university technology plan;
- Implemented the policy processes and procedures for the decentralization of the Graduate School;
- Provided leadershiip for university-wide assessment system;
- Implemented processes for strategic planning for the School of Education;
- Provided leadership for major accreditation visits for the School of Education;
- Provided leadership for implementation of NCATE standards and Washington State Competencies into curriculum and education programs;
- Conducted a marketing and research analysis of site-based, off campus programs offered;
- Developed a new budget model for graduate programs;
- Developed the leadership role of Gonzaga University in Catholic education in the Inland northwest;
Dr. Williams has also held various positions at the University of St. Francis, University of Hawaii at Hilo, Lewis University, and Joliet Junior College.
Northern Illinois University, Ed. D.
Leadership and Educational Policy Studies:
Adult Continuing Education
(Cognate in Educational Administrative Foundations)
Illinois State University, M.S.
Education: Counseling and Pupil Personnel Services
College of St. Francis, B.A.
Course Catalog 2013-2014
Contact Provost Office