Financial Aid Process
At Alvernia, applying for financial aid is easy. We encourage all prospective Alvernia students to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance.
About 98% of our undergraduates receive some type of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study.
Many of today's graduate students received their undergraduate degrees with the help of financial aid. We hope this site will help remind you of the key points to remember when applying for financial aid.
Adult Education students:
Like most adult undergraduate students, you’re probably thinking about where you’ll get the money to pay for your tuition. There are lots of ways that Alvernia University makes your tuition more affordable, including our tuition payment plan, a variety of financial aid options, and the tuition reimbursement program.
Financial Aid Timeline
The key to financing your education is to plan early and keep your options open. The more you know about how financial aid works, the better prepared you will be to pay for college programs. The following timeline should help our prospective undergraduate families.
September – November
- Apply to Alvernia University.
December – January
- Apply for outside scholarships through various organizations, civic groups, and foundations. Check with your local library, high school guidance office, or search the Internet.
- Complete the FAFSA form or apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Refer to your previous year’s Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ). Do not send tax returns with your FAFSA. Keep copies of everything!
- You'll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) at your home address or by email shortly after you have filed. Read this document carefully and send any corrections to the processor. If you don't receive your SAR within 6 weeks of mailing the FAFSA, call the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 to check the status of your application.
- Apply for state scholarships. Deadlines vary.
April – May
- Confirm Alvernia enrollment by sending confirmation deposit.
- Sign up for an Alvernia Payment Plan.
June – July
- Complete all loan applications.