How to Apply:
Principal Certification Program
Along with your completed application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online or paper application. While you wait for your transcript(s) to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. Or you can download one of our paper applications per location: Main Campus, Philadelphia Center or Schuylkill Center. We strongly recommend using either Firefox or Chrome browsers when completing the online application. Please note if you have already submitted your application, you can check the progress of your application by logging onto Alvernia’s Self-Service Center.
If you would like an application mailed to you, please email or call the appropriate
Graduate Coordinator at 1-888-ALVERNIA and choose: extension 6 for the
Main Campus or extension 9 for the Schuylkill Center.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two evaluation forms. Students enrolling in the Principal Certification Program are required to submit two evaluation forms provided by Alvernia University. Please submit the following school superintendent form and school principal form.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program of graduate study for his/her personal and professional growth and development.
- Additional Evidence of potential for success. Items such as academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations. (not required, but encouraged)