Money to help you move....ahead
Financial aid is an important part of the transfer process. At Alvernia, about 99% of transfer students receive some form of financial aid. The list below details the types of scholarships for which transfer students are eligible.
Transfer Students (Non-International)
The following scholarships are given to qualified full-time day undergraduate transfer students working towards their first bachelor's degree:
A $10,000 scholarship given to students who have earned a 3.5 grade point average or higher from their most recent institution.
This $9,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a grade point average between 3.0 and 3.49 from their most recent institution.
This $8,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a grade point average between 2.0 and 2.99 from their most recent institution.
ARC (Alvernia and RACC Connection) Scholarship*
A $2,000 scholarship given to students who have a 3.0 grade point average or higher and transfer from Reading Area Community College.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship**
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to students holding current membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
*Students receiving the ARC Scholarship are also eligible to receive the Bernardine, Provost and Phi Theta Kappa scholarships.
**Can be added to all transfer scholarships.
International Transfer Students
Beginning in the fall of 2015, an annual $10,000 award will be offered to all full-time International Students entering Alvernia University as a transfer student in the Undergraduate Day program. The award is renewable up to four semesters for new transfer students enrolling in the fall of 2015.
Eligible students need to hold an F-1 Student Visa. Students must have met all admissions criteria and must confirm enrollment by May 1 for fall enrollment and by October 1 for spring enrollment. Confirmations of enrollment completed and received after these deadlines may be considered on a funds-available basis.
- must have an Associate's degree
- must hold an F-1 Student Visa
- TOEFL is waived if:
- Proper documentation is submitted
- Student is from an English-speaking country
- Student has at least two consecutive years of education in an American high school or institution of higher education. A transcript from the American school or institution should suffice as proof unless otherwise determined by the Admissions Office.
- Award is guaranteed for up for four (4) semesters for Associate's degreed transfer students
- Students must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate, degree-granting program on Alvernia's main campus. Students enrolled at other campuses are not eligible.
- Preference for awards will be given to students who transfer to Alvernia University from an affiliated community college (transferable in SEVIS without status violation)
Learn about other scholarship and award opportunities >>