International Student Application and Proper Documentation Overview
Submit a complete application to Alvernia University along with all supporting documents. Please keep a copy of all documents submitted to Alvernia since you will be required to show them again at the American Embassy or Consulate in your country.
- The application can be
completed online or paper. Please
submit the application accompanied by the $25 application fee. You can apply online by clicking here.
applicants must follow the application deadlines set by the Admissions
- For students wishing to start in the spring semester (January), applications and supporting materials must be submitted before October 1st.
- For students wishing to start in the fall semester (August), applications and supporting materials must be submitted before May 1st.
- International applicants must follow the application deadlines set by the Admissions Office.
- Official copies of all
education credentials such as high school transcripts or equivalent high
school completion certificate.
- Foreign Credential Equivalency Report of all documents must be submitted with a copy of the original documents. Suggested agencies are below:
- Two letters of recommendation are required if applying to the Nursing program.
- All students who are
non-native English speakers or come from a country where English is not
the official language will be required to provide proof of English
proficiency. Please use the CIA
world fact book website for verification if your country is considered
English speaking. Students may take
the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English
Language Testing System (IELTS) to show proof of English Proficiency.
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 550 for the paper based test, 190-213 for the computer based test, or 75-80 for the internet based test is required for admission to Alvernia University.
- IELTS: a minimum score of a 5.5 is required for admission to Alvernia University.
- If a student has had at least two consecutive years of education in an American high school or institution of higher education the TOEFL requirement may be waived. A transcript from the American school should suffice for proof unless otherwise determined by the Admissions Office.
- Students who meet academic criteria are eligible to receive merit scholarships. For more details regarding merit scholarships please click here.
- The American
government requires that all foreign students are financially qualified to
enter the United States and enroll at Alvernia University. Please complete the Foreign Student
- Students must have sufficient monies available to them amounting in total cost of attendance (tuition, room, board, fees, books, health insurance, travel, and personal expenses) for at least the first year of study at Alvernia University.
Office of Undergraduate
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607
Stay connected with Alvernia!
Like us on the Alvernia University Admissions Facebook:
Follow us on Alvernia Admission Twitter: