Accepted International Students
(Enrollment and Arrival)
After Acceptance to the University
- A formal letter of acceptance
- I-20 form
- Confirmation of enrollment form
- Health and Wellness forms
- Housing forms
- Other forms that the student will need to complete the enrollment process.
Prospective student must send $300 USD for confirmation of enrollment and $250 USD for housing deposit to finalize the enrollment process.
Once the student receives the package they must make an appointment with the American Embassy or Consulate in their home country to apply for an F-1 visa.
- Please take your I-20, acceptance letter, and copies of all documents requested by the American Embassy or Consulate to support your F-1 visa application. There is a fee to be paid in order to apply for an F-1 student visa. Please check with the American Embassy or Consulate in your country for details and special requirements.
- Students are also responsible for paying all SEVIS fees before going to their appointment at the American Embassy or Consulate.
The student is to complete his/her Health and Wellness documentation and send back to the International Student Admissions Counselor via e-mail so they can be reviewed by the Health and Wellness Office.
- Please note you will need to bring your health and wellness documents and proof of received vaccines. If you have not received any vaccinations, you will be required to get them upon arrival to campus.
Once the F-1 student visa is approved, the student will be responsible for making travel arrangements that allow him/her to arrive to the United States in time for orientation weekend in August (usually the third week of month) of the year they are to enroll.
During the first week of class the student must provide a copy of his/her passport and I-94 card to the DSO.
Arrival to Campus
All international students must arrive to campus prior to New Student Orientation weekend. New Student Orientation usually takes place the third (3) week of August. Please contact your counselor to find out the exact date you should plan to arrive to the United States.
An Alvernia representative will meet you at the airport and bring you to main campus in Reading, PA. All international students arriving to campus must share their travel itinerary with the International Student Admissions Counselor so that proper pick up is scheduled. Also note there are several airports in the area. Alvernia University prefers international students arrive at the following airports:
Philadelphia International Airport (www.phl.org)
Harrisburg International Airport (http://www.flyhia.com/ )
Note: If you would like advice on how to pack for your new adventure, please contact the International Student Admissions Counselor!
Office of Undergraduate
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607
Stay connected with Alvernia!
Like us on the Alvernia University Admissions Facebook:
Follow us on Alvernia Admission Twitter: