Applying for Financial Aid
At Alvernia University, applying for financial aid is easy. We encourage you to apply, even if you feel you may not be eligible for assistance. The following guidelines should help you complete the financial aid process.
- Apply for admission to Alvernia University. Do not wait to apply for financial aid until after receiving an admissions decision. Both the admissions and financial aid applications should be submitted as early as possible. However, in order to receive a financial aid offer, you must be accepted for admission to Alvernia.
- As soon as possible after January 1, you and your family should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be submitted online. Pennsylvania residents should file the FAFSA before the May 1 state grant deadline. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. Our school code is 003233. Your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately two weeks.
- Once your FAFSA has been received and you have been admitted to Alvernia, a financial aid package will be prepared and mailed within 2-3 weeks. Review your financial aid package. If you have any questions, please contact our Office of Student Financial Planning for assistance.
- In addition to scholarships and grants that may be included in your award package, you may see student loan options included as well. Instructions for completing loan applications will be provided after May 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014.
- Respond immediately to requests for information such as tax returns. Missing information may delay your financial aid processing.