Transfer Students

How to Apply as a Transfer Student.

Along with your completed application accompanied by $25 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:

  • Order your official high school and college transcripts. (G.E.D. scores are accepted as an alternative) from the high school you attended. Your transcripts should be dated within a year of your application, include the registrar’s seal of the issuing institution and must be mailed (in a sealed envelope) directly to Alvernia University at this address:

Alvernia University
Attn: Transfer Admissions
400 Saint Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607

  • Scores from the SAT or ACT are not required.

  • Provide a copy of form DD214 from military. (if applicable) This form identifies the veteran's condition of discharge and must be submitted to the admissions office for evaluation.

  • Complete your online or paper application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. Or you can apply with our Undergraduate Day Application.
*We are currently accepting Nursing applications for the Fall of 2015. Due to program capacity, transfer seats are very limited. All completed files will be reviewed by the Department Chair on a case by case basis.  Once your file is completed and has been reviewed, you will be notified of your status by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

**We are accepting Occupational Therapy applications for transfer students for the Fall 2015 semester. However, due to program capacity, transfer seats are unlikely to become available for that semester. All completed files will be reviewed for the program if and when it is determined that space will be available. It is unlikely that we will know about the space availability until June of 2015, once the current academic year is complete and grades are posted. Transfer students interested in Occupational Therapy are encouraged to earn a Bachelor's degree in areas such a Biology, Healthcare Science, etc. then apply to our entry level MSOT program through Office of Graduate & Adult Education at Alvernia.

transfer students

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ YouTube RSS Feed Pinterest Instagram tumblr Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS Feed