Alvernia University maintains confidentiality of student education records in accordance with the provisions of FERPA and accords all rights under the Act to students or alumni of Alvernia University.
Alvernia University in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, has designated the following items as Directory Information: a student’s name, degree of study, major, class status, (senior, junior, sophomore, freshman), dates of enrollment, anticipated graduation date, and graduation date.
Alvernia University may disclose any of the above listed items without the student’s prior written consent, unless the Registrar’s Office is notified in writing to the contrary.
All other student academic information is considered confidential and will not be released, with certain exceptions, without the student’s written permission. Students’ grades are considered confidential information.
Alvernia Guidelines for Compliance of FERPA
• Questions regarding academic records
• Letters/Forms for enrollment verification
• Academic overload
• Change of major/minor
• Change of address/name
• Change of name procedure
• Day Undergraduate Graduation Application
• Evening Undergraduate Graduation Application
• Masters Graduation Application
• Doctoral Graduation Application
• Final Exam Schedule
• Transcripts (available upon written request)