Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences + Alvernia = Success
Through an exclusive partnership with Alvernia University, Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences students can earn the advanced degrees necessary to excel in their careers and meet the ever evolving requirements of the healthcare industry. Conveniently located just 2.5 miles from the Reading Hospital, Alvernia offers Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences students the opportunity to take classes on site, on campus, online, or in a blended format.
Exclusive Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences Benefits
The Alvernia + Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences partnership provides Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences students with the following benefits:
- Access to dual enrollment programs combining in-demand certification programs with an associate of science degree
- Seamless transition to the RN to BSN program after successful RN completion
- Assistance in applying and enrolling at Alvernia
- Full access to university resources including the library, state-of-the-art computer labs, volunteer opportunities, the fitness center, athletic events, lectures, the arts, and more…
- A vast network of professionals in the Greater Reading healthcare & business community
Featured Degree Programs
- Registered Nurse Diploma Program and Associate of Science Degree in Applied Health from Alvernia University – This dual enrollment program allows students who complete their pre-licensure nursing education at RHSHS the opportunity to simultaneously earn their Associate of Science Degree in Applied Health through Alvernia.
- RN to BSN Completion – This BSN Completion program allows registered nurses to complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Classes are offered in blended and online formats, allowing students to earn their BSN within one year* of completing the dual RN program. A custom curriculum has been developed for Reading Hospital School of Health Science students.
*For students entering the dual enrollment program starting Fall 2016.
- Medical Imaging Program with an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Imaging from Alvernia University – This 27-month dual enrollment program allows RHSHS students to simultaneously pursue both their Medical Imaging Certification and an Alvernia Associate of Science Degree in Medical Imaging. Students who successfully complete both programs are eligible to sit for the ARRT National Registry Examination. Graduates further looking to advance their careers can also pursue a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Healthcare Science.
- Surgical Technology Program with an Associate of Science Degree from Alvernia University – This 20-month dual enrollment program gives RHSHS students the opportunity to complete the Surgical Technology Program while simultaneously earning an Alvernia Associate of Science Degree. Graduates further looking to advance their careers can also pursue a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Healthcare Science.
The Alvernia Advantage
Alvernia University is a fully accredited institution, combining the small class sizes and personal attention of a small private college with many of the opportunities of a large university. With more than 50 on campus, online and blended academic programs taught by faculty who are experts in their fields, Alvernia gives you easy, convenient and flexible options that let you earn your degree while working full-time.
Get Started Today!
To get started, please contact a Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences admissions representative at 484-628-0100 or RHSHS@readinghealth.org.