Policy and Procedure
Please refer to the Institutional Review Board Investigator’s Manual for complete information. The policies and procedures are based on federal regulations as applied by the National Institutes of Health Office of Human Subjects Research.
- IRB full committee meetings will be held on a regular basis. Please refer to the Full Meeting Review Dates posted on the website.
- The IRB is responsible for providing up-to-date information on the website. This information includes clear policies, procedures, forms, answers to frequently asked questions, and feedback procedures and timelines.
- The IRB will make every effort to provide decisions in a timely manner to investigators.
- Investigators will be notified of status of proposal—complete or incomplete—within 5 business days of submission.
- Investigators submitting completed Exempt and Expedited proposals will be notified of the IRB’s decision within 7-10 business days.
- Investigators submitting proposals requiring Full IRB meeting will be notified of the IRB’s decision within 3 business days after the IRB’s decision.