How to Apply:
Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership
Along with your completed application accompanied by $100 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online or paper application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. Or you can apply with our downloadable Ph.D. application.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program of doctoral study for his/her personal and professional growth and development.
- Scores from a graduate entrance exam. Scores submitted from a graduate entrance exam such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Professional Resume.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters are accepted from former professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences, or from religious or community leaders.
- Additional Evidence of potential for success. Items such as academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations. (not required, but encouraged)
- Interview with the Ph.D. program director. After all the required application materials have been received, each applicant will be contacted to arrange for a personal interview.
If you would like an application mailed to you, please email or call the Ph.D. Program Office at 1-888-ALVERNIA extension 1924.