South Reading Youth Initiative
The South Reading Youth Initiative aims to promote continued education, mentoring and support for healthy choices in children who live or go to school in the South Reading area.
Since its inception in the summer of 2006, the South Reading Youth Initiative has interacted with more than 150 youth, providing annual summer camps, after-school mentoring programs during the academic year and a variety of cultural activities including museum visits, sporting events and educational field trips all within the Greater Reading and Philadelphia area.
Please visit the SRYI events page for more information about upcoming SRYI events or the Volunteer page to find out more information on volunteering with the South Reading Youth Initiative.
Goals of the South Reading Youth Initiative
- Provide a positive, educational 'safe haven' for young people
- Cultivate leadership development in the South Reading community
- Promote continued education - completion of high school degree, post-secondary possibilities and career development
- Utilize existing arts and community partnerships to broaden the cultural education of the young people of South Reading
- Help grow and sustain the outreach program by infusing talent and energy from Alvernia students, faculty and staff
Community Partners and Funders
If you would like more information about the South Reading Youth Initiative, please contact Rochelle Oswald at 610-568-1527 or email@example.com.