Graduate AssistantshipsGraduate Assistants have opportunities to work with professionals in a variety of disciplines and assignments. In addition to gaining valuable professional experience, participating in interesting course offerings and receiving an hourly wage, Graduate Assistants are in a position to contribute significantly to their own intellectual development and the University as a whole.
Graduate assistantships are based on a workload of 20 hours per week for which the student receives an hourly wage plus tuition remission. Students are required to be enrolled full-time according to University policy. Master’s level graduate students are required to take 9 credit hours each contracted fall and spring semesters and will receive tuition remission for those credits. Ph.D. level graduate students are required to take 6 credit hours each contracted fall and spring semesters and will receive tuition remission for those credits.
Graduate students contracted over the summer semester will have the option of taking up to 9 credit hours and receive tuition remission based on their workload per week.
Students seeking assistantships are required to meet the following criteria:
• Be accepted into the Graduate Program at Alvernia
• Must have a valid FAFSA on file.
• Maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average.
• Satisfy enrollment requirements.
• Make satisfactory progress toward degree as defined by University policy.
• Meet the requirements to be eligible for employment in the United States.
Please click here for open positions.