How to Apply:
Master in Business Administration
Along with your completed application accompanied by $50 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. The MBA evening program is available at our Reading and Schuylkill locations. The MBA day full-time program is only available at the Reading main campus, please select "Reading/Day" for this option. If your applying to our Online MBA program, please use this online application. We strongly recommend using either Firefox or Chrome browsers when completing the online application. Please note if you have already submitted your application, you can check the progress of your application by logging onto Alvernia’s Self-Service Center.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Transcripts from all institutions are required. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all previous undergraduate and graduate work is required for full acceptance.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters are accepted from former professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences, or from religious or community leaders. Please note that the names and email addresses of recommenders are required to submit the online application.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program of graduate study for his/her personal and professional growth and development. May be uploaded in online application.
- Professional Resume. May be uploaded in online application.
- Scores from a graduate entrance exam. Standardized Tests, specifically the GRE or GMAT, are not required upon submission of your application. The MBA Admissions Committee may require test scores for a more thorough evaluation, especially in consideration of an applicant with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0.
- Interview with the MBA program coordinator. After all the required application materials have been received, an interview may be required. Applicants will be contacted if the MBA Coordinator/Committee requests a personal interview.
- Additional Evidence of potential for success. Items such as academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations. (not required, but encouraged)