Five Options to Boost Your Skills.
In addition to a range of concentrations, Alvernia University offers five certificate options for those interested in enhancing their skills in a specific area. Plus, if you decide to earn your master’s degree, you’ll already have some of the major course work completed and may be able to apply the credits from the certificate program to your graduate degree.
Start by choosing a graduate certification from one of the university's six graduate certification programs. The school offers the following certifications:
- Early Childhood (Grades Pre K-4) Teaching Certification
- School Nurse Certification - Post Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Secondary (Grades 7-12) Teaching Certification
- Special Education Certification (Classroom and Online Formats Available)
- Principal Certification
- Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility
You can also get your Master of Education degree with some of the above certification programs. Read more about these programs in the dual option area.
Ready to take the next step? View the curriculum and courses required for each certification program above, learn more about our admission process, or request more information.
Steph Snavely, M.Ed. ’10
“The M.Ed. program at Alvernia University has provided an academically challenging experience which is relevant to my career as a teacher.”