The Financial Planning Support Staff/Counselor is a highly motivated professional who is responsible for maintaining knowledge base of federal, state, University and institutional student aid funding as well as regulations and procedures, while providing professional assistance and support to office staff, students and families in an active, fast-paced environment. Organizational skills as well as demonstrated ability to protect confidential records and communications, to work as part of a team as well as independently with little supervision are a must. In addition, strong computer and software skills are essential to ensure timely processing of system operations required to support the Office of Student Financial Planning in a professional, efficient and compliant manner. Evening, weekend and some travel may be required for this position.
- Provides financial aid assistance to prospective and enrolled students by assisting with the completion of the FAFSA, MPN/EC, verification forms and other documents or questions as needed
- Provides support to Student Financial Planning counselors with answering questions, responding to requests for general financial aid information from students and parents in person, on the phone, or by email
- Provides clerical support to both the Student Financial Planning Counselors and the Director
- Monitor and follow up on student hold list each semester
- Assist in the completion of a variety of projects and reports as assigned by the staff or Director
- Assist the Schuylkill and Philadelphia center prospective and current students as needed
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Assist at Front Desk, answering phones and greeting students and families.
- Assist with processing of incoming mail as needed
- Travel to center locations as needed
- Support director and staff in daily Office functions and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One or more years of financial aid experience preferred
- Exhibit professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times
- Excellent customer service, organizational skills and computer skills
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging and demanding position
- Ability and willingness to rotate work schedule between days and evenings
- Ability to work some weekend hours.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: October 22, 2018