Works with the Director to provide a residential environment that supports student development and the mission of the university. Position is a 40 plus hour/week live-in position with rotating on-call/after-hours responsibilities.
- Work with the Director, the Housing Coordinator, the RA Staff, and Public Safety to develop a residential environment that supports the academic mission of the university and that balances the need for sleep, study, and community development.
- Supervises and evaluates undergraduate Resident Assistant staff
- Conducts weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly individual Resident Assistant meetings
- Serves as a Community Standards Conference Officer
- Serves as the first level of response for on-call RA’s. Is available for coverage during break and holiday periods as needed
- With the Director, plays an active role in the development, coordination, and implementation of RA training and RA selection processes
- Assists the Director with the implementation of housing processes, such as residence hall marketing, room selection, and new student assignments
- Assists will all major ORL & University Life programming efforts
- Assists the Director with building operations of residential facilities including opening and closing of the halls
- This position is part of the “essential personnel” required to be on campus in the event of any campus emergency/shut down situations (e.g. weather, pandemic, etc.).
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director, Associate Director, or the Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Serves on university-wide committees as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Alvernia University
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience as an RA strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, judgment, and leadership skills required.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job
- Ability to readily move about campus without assistance, go up and down steps, etc.
- Must be able to drive students to campus activities as requested (valid driver’s license required)
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: December 19, 2018