Responsible for assisting with circulation desk operations, and public and technical services.
- Assists in all aspects of public services including circulation, reference, and making referrals to librarians as instructed.
- Participates in all aspects of circulation functions including charging materials, collecting fines, reserves, and opening and closing the library.
- Assists with aspects of technical services including processing of new materials and record maintenance as requested.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Shelves materials, assists with inventory, and participates in stack maintenance activities.
- Assists with acquisitions, cataloging functions, and materials processing.
- Maintains statistics and creates reports as requested.
- Directs the work of student assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Works well as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to adapt to a changing library environment.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems is desirable.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. and push a library cart weighing 125 lbs.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: November 12, 2019