Reporting to the Library Director, this person is responsible for the following major library activities in the evening: information literacy instruction and reference services. Works closely with other professional staff to ensure consistent, quality reference assistance to students, faculty, staff, and community patrons. Works as a team with other evening staff to meet the library service needs of patrons.
- Provides library information literacy instruction, reference assistance, and library workshops in all formats.
- Works with faculty to plan and present information literacy sessions.
- Serves as librarian liaison to faculty contacting or using the library in the evening
- Promotes Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Cooperates with evening staff in support of library activities, including coverage at Circulation Desk as needed.
- Practices good communication with day staff; makes policy and procedure recommendations.
- Performs other services deemed reasonable by the supervisor.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Excellent communication, information literacy instruction, and reference service skills.
- Ability to work an evening and weekend schedule.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. and push a library cart weighing 125 lbs.
- Able to navigate and access campus areas and classrooms.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 1, 2019