Enrollment Coordinator is a highly motivated professional who is responsible for the recruitment and retention of adult learners. This individual must also provide professional assistance to students in an active, fast paced environment, working as part of a team as well as independently with little supervision. The Enrollment Coordinator will manage all aspects of the admissions funnel with prospective students to advise and assist students with academic advising, financial planning, and admission completion. This individual will assist with communication back to the Offices of Student Financial Planning, Career Services and University Life to improve enrollment and retention rates. Additionally, organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to protect confidential records and communications are a must, along with strong computer and software skills. Evening, and some weekend hours, as well as some travel will be required for this position. This position is an essential member of the School of Adult and Graduate Education and will support the Schuylkill Center.
- Respond to inquiry and applicants within 24 hours for initial contact regarding basics of Admissions process.
- Respond to questions, requests for financial aid information by connecting students with financial planning office, by phone & email for all prospective, new, and returning students.
- Collect, review and maintain all admissions documents to ensure that applicants successfully convert to students in a timely manner.
- Participate in recruitment events off-site and build relationships with internal and external entities that support the recruitment process.
- Responsible for maintaining a caseload of current students for advising
- Responsible for providing reports to Director on his/her enrollment and persistence of caseload
- Responsible for participation in Division events including: Open Houses and New Student Orientation
- Act as a clearinghouse for re-entry and resuming students. Responsible for review of account standing and advisement to assist in the re-entry of students
- Assist with review and advisement for SGAE students who inquire about add/drop/withdraw
- Represents Alvernia University at various functions both on and off campus
- Manage tracking of Clearances and all requirements for UG & GR Field Work
- Support the Director in the day to day operation of the Center
- Assist with staffing coverage for Center operation needs
- Performs other services deemed reasonable by the supervisor
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred preferably in adult student services
- Exhibit professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive, hands-on continuing studies and /or graduate admissions higher education and management experience
- Determination to meet recruitment goals
- Ability to work with adult students in an advising and support capacity
- Excellent customer service, organizational skills and computer skills
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging and demanding position
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job
- Ability to self-transport to various locations to perform essential functions
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 14, 2019