The primary function of this job is to perform accounts receivable functions including entering daily cash receipts and detailed review of student accounts. Also responsible for handling student and family questions regarding account charges, credits and remaining financial responsibility with extensive interaction.
- Responsible for notifying current and past students of financial obligations
- Generate and publish student statements
- Collect, enter and reconcile various forms of daily payments
- Import financial aid files (anticipated and actual)
- Reconciliation of charges/aid (general ledger, financial aid and/or gov’t.)
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Process ACH transactions
- Maintain information on collection accounts and bankruptcy practices
- Prepare third party invoices including TRA, Careerlink, and local organizations.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
- Accounting knowledge and previous collection experience
- Prior higher education experience preferred
- Experienced PCampus and/or PFaids user helpful.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team in open office setting
- Must be able to work occasional evening hours or weekends
- Ability to travel to satellite campuses.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: 11/27/2018