The Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach in managing all aspects of sustaining a competitive NCAA Division III Football Program including, but not limited to: recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes. Successful preparation, planning, and implementation of strategy for the development of student athletes. Additional responsibilities include coaching a position group, managing your own recruiting territory, game planning and preparation, monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes. The incumbent must also serve as the strength and conditioning coordinator for the football program. This duty will include the writing, implementation and oversight of all facets of the strength and conditioning program. Additional duties may be assigned by the Director of Athletics. This is a 10 month position with no housing or benefits. Compensation is $20,000 - $30,000 based upon experience and qualifications.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Create, implement and oversee all phases of the Alvernia Football Strength and Conditioning program
- Identify, recruit, and retain qualified student-athletes for the football program in accordance with all University admissions standards and qualifications.
- Meet established annual recruiting goals.
- Implement a comprehensive strategy and planning for both practices and games to ensure proper preparation of student-athletes, including use of film and other resources to enrich and enhance player performance.
- Properly input defensive, and opponent data into Hudl for opponent film evaluation, and defensive self-scout.
- Adhere to the fall camp and weekly defensive installation schedule.
- Complete opponent film breakdown responsibilities including, but not limited to opponent data input, run game labeling and evaluation, pass protection identification and labeling, personnel identification and labeling, and other duties prescribed by the head coach.
- Assist in the creation, disseminate and implement weekly game plans.
- Understand and abide by all University, MAC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Oversee the athletic and academic development of student athletes at the defensive line position.
- Ensure a commitment to the academic success of the football student-athletes, including monitoring of academic progress and attendance.
- Uphold all program and university policies and procedures as detailed in the department, and assistant football coach’s manual.
- Integrate with the campus community, including serving on university-wide committees, and attending University events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and/or Director of Athletics, to include serving as a game day administrator for selected home spring athletics events.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Alvernia University
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Successful football coaching experience at the high school level or above
- Certification from a nationally recognized strength and conditioning organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff utilizing excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to be a self-starter and perform in a fast paced high stress environment
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 29, 2019