Responsible for planning and coordinating acquisitions, cataloging, catalog maintenance, and processing operations. Administering, maintaining, and enhancing functionality of the integrated library system. Planning, maintaining, and managing the library’s digital directions, and developing appropriate performance measures. Collaborating with librarians to provide other library services in areas like reference, instruction, and access.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Coordinate ordering of all library materials and maintain related fiscal records.
- Catalog and manage processing of all library materials.
- Administer all aspects of the Innovative Sierra Integrated Library System.
- Plan, develop implement, and maintain the library’s online databases, interlibrary loan systems, Website, and other digital systems and services.
- Act as library technology liaison both internally and externally. Work with library staff to resolve issues with library technology and equipment.
- Collect and analyze statistics, prepare reports, and assist the library director in developing and implementing policies and procedures in relevant areas.
- Participate in collection development activities both generally and specifically in assigned academic areas; act as library liaison with the faculty of assigned academic areas.
- Provide various public services, including circulation assistance, reference, and information literacy instruction.
- Direct the work of support staff and student assistants
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Knowledge of current cataloging standards such as LCSH, MARC, AACR2r, RDA, EAD, and DDC.
- Experience editing records in an integrated online library system. Innovative Systems preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing library environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: February 4, 2021