The Sr. Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment strategy and process. These include assignment and goal setting of travel regions by admissions counselors, scheduling and assignment of college fairs/nights/ identification and tracking of feeder high and monitoring and improving yield year over year. The Sr. Associate Director will implement a strategy that Alvernia University visits no less than 600 high schools each fall travel season. She/he will create a spring travel schedule focused on juniors to ensure recruitment goals are met annually. The Sr. Associate Director will work collaboratively with The Marketing & Communication Department and assist in the development of a comprehensive communication plan for 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders and their parents/family members. The Sr. Associate Director will collaborate with Institutional Advancement and build an Alumni and Parent Volunteer Program that trains and supports alumni & parents to assist in yield events.
As with other staff within the Division of Enrollment Management, the Senior Associate Director of Admissions & Recruitment is an admissions officer who provides counseling and support to individuals interested in attending the University. The Sr. Associate Director interacts with students and families, reviews student credentials and makes admission recommendations, and supports the general work of the department. The Assistant Director will visit schools and manage a regional travel territory.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Establish a fall and spring travel calendar by region.
- Set goals for each Admissions Counselor based on the last ten years of data with baseline goal and stretch goal in each region.
- Monitor progress to goal by each counselor on a weekly basis.
- Maximize use of Naviance system for application completion.
- Maximize Rep. Visit platform for travel planning by region.
- Create a communication plan that provides updates to students beginning in 8th grade and continuing through enrollment.
- Develop and effectively train current AU students to return to their high schools over break and meet with prospective students from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with college units in order to coordinate their programming with experiences offered by Admissions for group visits.
- Establish on campus programs for students during the summer in collaboration with faculty, staff and Athletics.
- Serve as point person for scheduling and reporting on third party vendors that assist in the recruitment including EAB and Human Capital Resources.
- Perform roles related to admissions counseling - presenting, answering emails, connecting with families, read applications, visit high schools and participate in college fairs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required/Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4-7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience training and developing new professionals.
- Experience with and knowledge of college student affairs, student development, and student programming and mentorship.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze data to make recruitment decisions.
- Creative and innovative problem solver and developer.
- Experience with the coordination and implementation programs related to increasing yield.
- Ability to be proactive and reactive to situations during group visits & events.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member to achieve common goals, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education.
- Experience with Slate or another CRM or tour scheduling program is preferred.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 27, 2020