This position is to provide admissions counseling and outreach services to all prospective students, their parents and school counselors concerning undergraduate academic programs, admissions policies and procedures.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as: secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations.
- Represent the University at in and out of state recruiting events, high school and college visits, college fairs.
- Assist with all phases of the application processing.
- Counsel students/parents on admission to the University.
- Represent the University in various Admissions informational sessions.
- Travel to recruit students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools, including evenings, weekends and extensive overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree preferred.
- One-year related experience working in a counseling role, customer service environment or working with college bound students. Experience in higher education with prior admissions/financial aid preferred.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and technology competence.
- Experience with Windows based computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Multi-lingual ability preferred- Spanish or Chinese
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- A valid driver's license is required
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 20, 2021