Works with the Director of Residence Life to provide a residential environment that supports student development and the mission of the university. Position is a 40 plus hour/week live-in position with rotating on-call/after-hours responsibilities.
Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Work with the Director, the RA Staff, Community Standards and Public Safety to develop a residential environment that supports the academic mission of the university and that balances the need for sleep, study, and community development.
- Supervises and evaluates student Resident Assistant staff.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly individual Resident Assistant meetings.
- Serves as a Community Standards Conference Officer when necessary.
- Serves as the first level of response for on-call RA’s during and after business hours. Is available for coverage during break and holiday periods as needed.
- With the Director, plays an active role in the development, coordination, and implementation of RA training and RA selection processes.
- Assists the Director with the implementation of housing processes, such as residence hall marketing, room selection, and new student assignments.
- Assists will all major ORL & University Life programming efforts.
- Assists the Director with building operations of residential facilities including opening and closing of the halls.
- This position is part of the “essential personnel” required to be on campus in the event of any campus emergency/shut down situations (e.g. weather, pandemic, etc.).
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director.
- Serves on university-wide committees as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s/Certification in Higher Education preferred
- Previous experience as an RA strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, judgment, and leadership skills required.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: January 31, 2021