Assist in the responsible procurement of products and services for the University in an efficient and ethical manner. Perform essential duties to maintain procurement processes including preparing purchase orders, handling inquiries about orders and record keeping and maintenance related to the Procurement function. This position reports to the Director of Procurement & Contract Services.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Process purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Provide orders to suppliers and internal customers
- Reconcile and maintain open and closed purchase orders and assist users in the purchasing and payables solution platform (PN3)
- Request and maintain all necessary supplier paperwork (W9, tax exemption and insurance certificates)
- Supplier creation/submittal in ERP system (Great Plains) for inclusion to supplier database
- Assist in the administration of and problem solving with various procurement programs, such as, but not limited to, University credit card, cell phones, office supplies and vending services
- Update and maintain contract and purchase order (capital & grant) records/logs/files
- Assist in obtaining competitive price quotes
- Work with the Accounts Payable Coordinator to resolve issues related to purchase orders and invoices
- Monitor purchase requisition spend and work with the Budget Analyst in resolving order requests that are over budget
- Back up to Accounts Payable as needed
- Perform other procurement duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Procurement
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience with purchase order/accounts payable processes
- Accounting knowledge including the areas of accounts payable and general accounting practices
- Computer literate including Excel, Word, and accounting systems
- Ability to work well with others
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Attendance is necessary in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Ability to sit move throughout campus as needed to resolve supplier issues or meet with other departments across campus.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: May 24, 2021