The Marketing Specialist for the School of Graduate and Adult Education (SGAE) assists the marketing team with the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication initiatives for the enrollment of graduate and adult undergraduate programs. This position requires a team player with excellent verbal, presentation and writing abilities to coordinate marketing materials and to communicate effectively across multiple levels. Responsibilities include coordination of market research data, implementation of traditional and digital marketing initiatives, and assistance in development and maintenance of website content for the SGAE market. This position will share time at all Alvernia Campuses to adequately understand the market, location needs and best tactics/media vehicles to utilize per campus.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Manage the production, scheduling, writing and distribution of marketing materials for graduate and adult education programs, ensuring that collateral is high quality, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with internal teams as well as external vendors, such as printers, mail houses and photographers, to ensure operations related to marketing, advertising, brand and messaging run smoothly.
- Develop, write and distribute digital communications, including social media, website content, and electronic publications, to support graduate and adult education recruitment.
- Establish and maintain a centralized archive of presentations, marketing materials and communications that is accessible to various functional groups internally.
- Gather market research data to include target audience, demographics and competitive landscape for development of marketing plans to support graduate and adult education programs.
- Acquire working knowledge of Alvernia University’s business practices and procedures as well as norms and operations within higher education.
- Coordinate ongoing marketing research and evaluation.
- Assist as needed with photo shoots and videography.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in areas of marketing or communications.
- 3-5 years of marketing or sales experience with knowledge of digital marketing, web strategy and social media initiatives preferred.
- Self-motivator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a great collaborator.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate complex schedules; flexibility to adapt and react to changes in scheduling and projects.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal communication skills; design experience helpful.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- This position is restricted from installing hardware, software, or any other systems or devices on the university networks, or making changes to any server, software, or network device, without the express consent of the IT Director.
- Remote and occasional evening work as needed.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: September 9, 2021