Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement (AVP), the MGO will be responsible for soliciting gifts of $25,000 and higher from alumni and community members. The MGO will help build Alvernia’s culture of philanthropy and expand the donor base by actively managing and developing a portfolio of 150 prospects. As a key member of the Advancement staff, the MGO will help qualify and cultivate donors as Alvernia launches into the Quiet Phase of the upcoming campaign. The MGO will work collaboratively with volunteers, Advancement staff, and other University partners to cultivate and solicit donors for strategic priorities.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Personally, visit with prospective donors and achieve 15+ meaningful contacts/visits per month.
- Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors to ensure timely moves are made towards cultivation, solicitation and closure. 80% of the MGO’s time will be spent on these activities.
- Make assessment calls, cultivate, solicit, provide recognition and steward appropriately leadership and major gifts, with an emphasis on gifts at the $25,000 + level. Work with donors on multiple giving methods including current and deferred giving.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Alvernia’s educational and strategic programs in order to effectively articulate the university’s priorities and fundraising objectives to donors.
- Understand popular planned giving vehicles.
- Prepare and submit goals that contain specific timelines, projected results and outcomes.
- Document all activity in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Attend all appropriate Institutional Advancement and Major Gift meetings as well as other university events as appropriate.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and Alvernia University
- Strong Interpersonal, oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Attendance is required to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work weekends and evenings.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: March 26, 2021