Reporting to the Provost, this person is responsible for leadership in determining library policy, developing and monitoring the budget, and long-range planning. The director will also manage all aspects of library operations, including personnel, purchasing, student and faculty services, collection development, resources, systems, and facilities.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. Specifically, as a director, support the execution of the Alvernia Advantage strategic plan with focus on delivering a student centric mission and values driven campus experience. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Manage all standard operations and facilities of an academic library.
- Implement and monitor the library budget and purchasing process.
- Develop and implement long-range strategic plans, user needs assessments, and service enhancements.
- Develop and implement services to students and faculty.
- Ensure an effective library information literacy program.
- Supervise library facilities, assess facility needs, and recommend changes and upgrades.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Lead Collection Development in all formats.
- Represent the university and library in the external library community.
- Performs other services deemed reasonable by supervisor.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution; additional advanced degree desirable.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience in an academic library.
- Clear vision of the library’s role in higher education, information literacy, and the Franciscan
- mission of the university.
- Skills in financial management, knowledge of current and emerging library trends, strong
- analytic, strategic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 20, 2020