The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the enterprise server, storage and network (voice & data) environment. The position is responsible for providing a high level of customer satisfaction, while ensuring 24x7 availability. The Infrastructure Engineer will research, analyze, develop and recommend new and different hardware and software for all infrastructure needs of the University.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members ensuring all activities for servers, storage and network (voice & data) infrastructure are in line with business objectives.
- Creates server, network and voice architecture, and establishes and documents best practices, policies and procedures. Considers security, compliance and support requirements.
- Plan, build, troubleshoot, and maintain server, storage and network infrastructure
- Leads the upgrades or migration to new technologies, evaluates performance, utilization and reliability, and forecasts financial, physical, and human resource needs to meet established objectives.
- Optimize operations by monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with IT Teams and University in planning and implementing infrastructure changes.
- Infrastructure redundancy and disaster recovery for resumption of applications, data, hardware, communications, and IT infrastructure in the event of a failure.
- Prioritize department requests and projects; facilitate effective problem resolution.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Maintain availability, security, and data integrity of Alvernia University environment. Protect network and network systems from threats and risks.
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit the University’s goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance business performance.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Minimum of seven to ten years’ experience in a technically similar environment. Education or certification relevant to job skills and demands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network and infrastructure planning, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting; comprehensive knowledge and experience of workstation and server operating systems, backup systems, server-based applications, SQL and other databases, SAN storage, computer virtualization, HP switches, enterprise wireless solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Exchange, SharePoint applications, VMWare virtualization, EMC SAN solutions, HP switches, Aruba wireless solutions, enterprise voice solutions.
- Attention to detail, ability to compartmentalize complex tasks and to trouble-shoot emerging problems.
- Ability to quickly master new and complex information technology systems.
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills and documentation practices.
- Project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to lift and/or move substantially heavy network devices.
- This is a 24/7 on-call position and may be subject to varying and unpredictable situations and extended, non-standard work hours for special projects.
- Occasional travel to other Alvernia locations for maintenance and projects, with little or no advance notice.
- Must be able to work from home online if necessary.
- I have read and understand the job description.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: June 24, 2021