The main responsibilities of the HR Coordinator are to maintain and update employee records as well as maintain documents and internal databases and systems. The HR Coordinator is versed in all human resources procedures and assists with tasks throughout all areas of the HR department and can assist employees with various human resource processes and answering questions.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Maintain Power Campus and Footprints system for all new hires, employee updates, and changes
- Assists with the recruitment and interview process, tracks status of candidates in ADP and responds as needed
- Assists with benefit administration, performance management, recruitment, contract creation, onboarding, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all faculty and staff
- Some coordination of meetings, events, interviews, etc.
- Monitor and maintain general Human Resources email inbox
- Prescreen applicants and assist in the hiring process as needed
- Processing pre-employment background checks
- Process and maintain monthly benefits invoices
- Maintaining and updating employee personnel files
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- BS in Human Resources or relevant field preferred.
- Proven work experience as an HR Administrator, HR Administrative Assistant or relevant role.
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite, Outlook email and other applications)
- General knowledge and understanding of labor laws
- Ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines, working as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills across varied audiences such as employees, students, external partners and the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A collegial and cooperative spirit and approach
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job, which may include occasional remote attendance
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: September 20, 2021