Cleaning and maintaining so to meet the needs of any housekeeping sanitation requirements for all education buildings and class rooms, residence halls, and employee office spaces.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary office kitchen areas where needed
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading facilities laundry
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Washing/cleaning blinds, stairways, hallways and classrooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Highschool diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge and experience in cleaning and sanitizing rooms to various levels to meet requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the use of various cleaning equipment, such as floor buffer
- Adapt to different situations and change in work processes to accommodate the needs of campus
- Ability to receive feedback from managers and customers
- Good customer service, listening, and organizational skills
- Integrity, honesty and high energy levels
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Weekend work on rotation
- Flexibility to work occasional off-schedule hours for special events or unforeseen circumstances
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times, walk up and down stairs, bending, squatting, pushing, kneeling and reaching.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: June 24, 2021