The College of Professional Programs invites applicants for multiple, full-time, Nursing Faculty appointments beginning August 2021 for the 21-22 academic year. Candidates must be interested in teaching and clinical faculty roles, must hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing and Professional Nursing License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- All Alvernia employees promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Classroom, laboratory, and clinical teaching and advisement
- Assignments may include traditional pre-license nursing, graduate, adult accelerated courses and possible off-site and online/blended delivery formats.
- Ability to teach using multiple pedagogical approaches
- Have a defined area of scholarly interest, and five years of clinical experience.
- For tenure-track consideration, candidates must have an earned doctorate and evidence of scholarly output.
Alvernia has a bold approach to becoming a 21st century, modern regional university. This includes the rapid expansion of enrollment through new academic majors in engineering, health care and more. We seek professionals who are thoughtful leaders, creative and nimble in the complex environment of private higher education.
Alvernia has been recognized regionally and nationally:
- U.S. News & World Report magazine ranks Alvernia as one of the Best U.S. Colleges & Universities, most recently 94 in the best regional universities category (North)
- Collegecompare.com named Alvernia to its January 2015 list of Ten Best Colleges & Universities in Pennsylvania for its graduate degree programs
- The prestigious Carnegie Foundation selected Alvernia as one of only 23 institutions in Pennsylvania and 361 nationally to received its 2015 Community Engagement Classification
- Alvernia was one of only four institutions in Pennsylvania and one of 43 nationally to earn the President’s Higher Education Interfaith Community Service Honor Roll
How to Apply
Candidates should send a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and names and contact information of three (3) professional references to the Alvernia University Human Resource Office.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: November 17, 2020