Enrollment Coordinator is a highly motivated professional who is responsible for the recruitment and retention of adult learners. This individual must also provide professional assistance to students in an active, fast paced environment, working as part of a team as well as independently with little supervision. The Enrollment Coordinator will manage all aspects of the admissions funnel with prospective students to advise and assist students with academic advising, financial planning, and admission completion. This individual will assist with communication back to the Offices of Student Financial Planning, Career Services and Academic Success to improve enrollment and retention. Additionally, organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to protect confidential records and communications are a must, along with strong computer and software skills. Evening, and some weekend hours, as well as some travel will be required for this position. This position is an essential member of the School of Adult and Graduate Education and will support the Schuylkill Center and Philadelphia Center.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Recruit new evening adult education and graduate students for main campus and off-site programs in order to meet stated recruitment goals.
- Build relationships with and assist prospective students throughout all phases of the enrollment cycle (inquiry through enrollment)
- Contact inquiries and applicants within 24 hours to initiate Admissions process and implement strategic communication plan.
- Respond in a timely manner to questions and requests by phone and email for all prospective, new, and returning students
- Collect, review and maintain all admissions documents to ensure that applicants successfully convert to students in a timely manner.
- Participate in recruitment events off-site and build relationships with internal and external entities that support the recruitment process.
- Responsible for providing reports to Director on his/her enrollment and persistence of caseload
- Responsible for participation in Division events including: Open Houses and New Student Orientation
- Act as a clearinghouse for re-entry and resuming students. Responsible for review of account standing and advisement to assist in the re-entry of students
- Assist with review and advisement for SGAE students who inquire about add/drop/withdraw
- Represents Alvernia University at various functions, both on and off campus
- Performs other services deemed reasonable by supervisor
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred preferably in adult student services or related marketing field
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive, hands-on adult education and /or graduate admissions higher education and management experience
- Determination to meet recruitment goals
- Ability to work with adult students in an advising and support capacity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in the usage of customer relationship management systems and technology
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills with faculty, students and staff
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging and demanding position
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Evening and weekend work responsibilities are essential with regular scheduling flexibility
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: September 18, 2020