The Director of Admissions for On Campus Experiences is responsible for supporting all on campus visit programs over the course of a recruitment year. These include: daily visits, special group visits, and multiple special events including open house programs for prospects and Admitted Students Day. A major responsibility will be in the creation and implementation of a highly successful campus tour guide program. The Director is responsible for increasing the admitted student yield through exceptional visit experiences in collaboration with The Welcome Center, Athletics, Faculty, Student Financial Planning, Deans, The Honors Program, The O’Pake Institute and the Alvernia University campus community.
As with other staff within the Division of Enrollment Management, the Director is an admissions officer who provides counseling and support to individuals interested in attending the University. The Director interacts with students and families, reviews student credentials and makes admission recommendations, and supports the general work of the department. The Director may occasionally visit schools and manage a small regional travel territory.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability
- Promote and develop diversity and inclusion from the first contact with a student through their on boarding as a fulltime student. Includes the development of programs, communications and interaction plans for all students we target to recruit.
- Establish a yearly calendar of dates and times for optimal daily visit experiences for prospective and admitted students and their families, as well as group visits and transfer admissions events.
- Recruit and hire new student tour guides based on the needs of the program and the goals laid out in the strategic plan.
- Develop an effective training and evaluation program for new and veteran tour guides.
- Mentor and advise the student tour guide program in order to develop and maintain tour performance, various professional development skillsets, and leadership within the program.
- Coordinate logistics for all visitation programming, including reserving rooms, coordinating with faculty/staff, Senior Leadership Team, facilities and the food service provider.
- Manage the day-to-day of visitation programming execution in conjunction with The Welcome Center.
- Create and regularly evaluate the tour routes and tour consistency.
- Analyze survey responses and programming trends to continually enhance and strengthen the Alvernia University visit experience.
- Work with the admissions marketing and communications team to develop a communication plan for participants in campus visits (prospective, admitted, transfer, group, etc.).
- Collaborate with college units in order to coordinate their programming with experiences offered by Admissions.
- Collaborate with campus units for tour guide training.
- Work with Residence Life & Housing to coordinate residence hall showings.
- Provide support to the Welcome Center Front Desk staff and reception area.
- Maintain a small recruitment territory and application file reading load.
- Perform roles related to admissions counseling - presenting, answering emails, connecting with school counselors read applications, visit high schools and participate in college fairs.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree with 5 or more years of experience preferred.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of college student affairs, student development, and student programming and mentorship.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Attention to details is a must.
- Creative and innovative problem solver and developer.
- Experience with the coordination and implementation of campus visit programs is preferred.
- Ability to be proactive and reactive to situations during a campus visit and with the student tour guides.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member to achieve common goals, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education.
- Experience with Slate or another CRM or tour scheduling program is preferred.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 27, 2020