The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for data entry of inquiries, applications, and other prospective student data related to the Office of UG Admissions. In addition, the Data Entry Clerk will perform other secretarial and clerical duties as required.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Data entry/electronic upload of prospective student inquiries from various sources. (Goal: Complete within 40 business hours of receiving).
- Date entry/electronic upload of applications, transcripts, test scores, and other admissions documents. (Goal: Complete within 8 business hours of receiving).
- Monitor new individual visit registrations, communicate appropriate visit needs and create visit forms. (Goal: Check report at least three times per day – morning, noon, and end of day).
- Correct and update information prospective student inquiry and application records as needed. (Goal: Weekly run reports to correct current and upcoming recruiting terms. Monthly correct information of later recruiting terms).
- Assist with filing, photocopying, assembly of mailings and other clerical duties. (Goal: Complete by end of each business day).
- Serve as back up to the Data Operations Assistant. (Goal: As needed).
- Field phone inquiries from students, parents and guidance counselors. (Goal: Address caller needs or transfer to appropriate person within 30 seconds of call being answered).
- Monitor and maintain the Admissions inbox, and be able to answer questions or forward them as needed. (Goal: Address or forward message within one business hour of receiving).
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Maintain and develop relationship with faculty and staff of the University.
- Performs other services as deemed reasonable by the supervisor.
- Strong data entry/typing skills (both accuracy and speed).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and operate efficiently in an open workstation environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience with SCT Power Campus preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of PC applications.
- High school degree.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Ability to lift and/or move 15 pounds.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: July 27, 2020