Provide project management and administrative assistance for the O’Pake Executive Leadership team as well as logistical coordination and event planning for the O’Pake Institute initiatives.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Responsible for assisting with account management of partners/sponsors; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients via in-person, phone, email, etc.; coordinates and arranges client events, meetings, appointments, and conferences.
- Work in conjunction with Institutional Advancement to strengthen entrepreneurial alumni relations including inputting and maintaining O’Pake’s information in IA’s CRM software (Razor’s Edge)
- Provide project management and logistical support for critical O’Pake activities, which includes conducting research as well as gathering and analyzing data to support Executives' upcoming meetings
- Responsible for managing the daily operating budgets, including PN3 processes. This also includes participating in the monthly O’Pake financial meeting and preparing the various account transaction reports.
- Responsible for managing the use of the Institute’s facilities including the Business Incubator Network; coordinating some activities for the O’Pake Leadership Team and planning and managing internal events.
- Ensure effective internal office operations and effective general (written and electronic) communications.
- Responsible for giving direction and mentoring to work study students (O’Pake Fellows), including guidance to achieve O’Pake administrative duties.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and university and community events.
- Assists in training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Provide Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University
- Other duties as assigned
Other Requirements/ Expectations:
- Requires the ability to gain in-depth knowledge of the university, project management, financial budgeting & tracking, event planning, computer applications e.g. email, internet, Microsoft Office (or related software), other critical University software programs, basic databases and related programs
- Requires exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; project and time management with the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly professional level of interpersonal skills (e.g. telephone callers, visitors, etc.); good verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in an office support or customer service position required; experience working in an academic setting is preferred
- Requires the ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively meet project goals, timelines and budgets.
- Requires some minor flexibility in work scheduling/hours as events and activities sometimes occur outside normal business hours
- Requires exceptional organizational, project management, budgeting and basic bookkeeping skills
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Driver’s license required
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
- Ability to travel regional and national conferences and related events
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: September 25, 2020