The Computer Support Analyst provides Tier 2 customer service and technical support through analysis and problem solving to facilitate installation, implementation, maintenance, education, and documentation of a variety of computer and software technologies utilizing over the phone, remote communication technologies, and onsite support to service the faculty, staff and students.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Assist Alvernia faculty, staff, and students in the use of information technology.
- Configure and deploy new computer systems and peripherals.
- Performs break fix on University assets that include: laptops, desktops, printers, peripherals, and other miscellaneous items.
- Install, maintain, update, troubleshoot and repair all computer related software, hardware and peripheral devices at the end user level.
- Participates in troubleshooting problems and outages, works with IT Teams, University and hosting vendor for Service Desk. Identifies and analyze problems and propose solutions.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Install university-licensed software on university-owned computers.
- Maintain accurate records of IT activities and duties.
- Research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit the University’s goal of strategically implementing technology.
- Support for Support Services initiatives as defined by the University; handle additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Education or certification relevant to specific job skills and demands.
- Strong working knowledge of PC and Mac operations, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair, including hardware and software issues.
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and software applications.
- Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft operating systems. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Knowledge of desktop image creation and software packaging and deployment.
- Understanding of an environment that is networked.
- Attention to detail, ability to compartmentalize complex tasks and to trouble-shoot emerging problems.
- Ability to quickly master new and complex information technology systems.
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong commitment to end-user support.
- Basic project management skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Occasional travel to other locations for maintenance or projects with little or no advance notice.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: March 26, 2021