The campus minister for interfaith and inclusion provides a vital role in leading the community with interfaith dialogue as well as promoting diversity, equality and inclusion on campus.
- Sees him/herself as a minister – one who walks humbly with others, who calls them to the fullness of life, who comforts and counsels those in need, and who cultivates authentic community.
- Equips, empowers, and integrates student leaders.
- Models respectful, collaborative and active support of the University’s Mission, especially with regard to building interfaith relationships in light of our Franciscan mission through dedicated job performance and exemplary service to the University’s many constituencies.
- Understanding the principle of dignity of humanity and creation and sees to promote equity in inclusion through his/her daily life
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Leading interfaith initiatives on Campus that help the University Community grow in understanding of different religious traditions especially Islam and Judaism but also including, Buddhism, Hindu and other such religions by partnering with local religious communities.
- Participating in the planning and execution of interfaith prayer services
- Promoting diversity and inclusion efforts on campus, especially through a faith-based lens.
- Providing pastoral and spiritual counseling to students, administrators and faculty members
- Create and foster principal internal working relationships with constituents among the campus community
- Create and foster external working relationships with local faith communities, Common Heart Community and Interfaith Youth Core
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Ministry
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Have thorough knowledge of her/his own faith tradition and general knowledge and open-mindedness about other mainstream religious traditions
- Trained in creating and fostering interfaith dialogue
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role related to workplace diversity (in a workplace and learning community), inclusion, and equity and community building; Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity and equal opportunity for individuals from underrepresented groups;
- Collaborate with the campus leaders/councils to support the work of students that advance social justice and foster cultural and historical awareness and collaborate with faculty in the development and assessment of curriculum related to Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Excellence learning goals.
- Be able to work collaboratively and participate in life of the university community
- Possess desire and excitement to work with college aged young adults
- Be able to provide spiritual guidance and support
- Expertise in promoting student involvement and mentoring student leadership
- Creative, energetic, and imaginative
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Programs
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job
- Willing and able to work flexible hours
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: October 5, 2020