The administrative assistant role is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all constituents across the university. This position is also responsible for managing and distributing information and creating efficiency within the office or shared function.
• Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
• Support the DPT and AT departments, including some work for the Compliance department, issuing faculty contracts (overloads, FEGs, and dissertation committee), supporting department events, and general duties as assigned
• Provide front line assistance to students and visitors to the plex including answering inquiries, promoting clear communication, processing paperwork, and ensuring professional office environment
• Liaison and work collaboratively with the administrative support of other major units of the university
• Maintain and order office supplies, coordinate postal and other deliveries to departments
• Support onboarding of new faculty hires within the department of DPT and AT.
• Other duties as assigned to support the continuous operations of the HSS team and a positive Alvernia University student experience.
• Representative as key point of contact for DPT and AT.
• Mail distribution for designated area, order supplies as needed within function as a shared resource
• Provide general support to visitors and guests
• Perform other duties as assigned, requested or directed to support department operations
• Occasional flexibility in hours may be required
• Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
• Previous professional experience supporting a team in an administrative role required
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
• Strong organizational, communication and professional interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and flexibly manage multiple tasks, deadlines and shifting priorities
• Physical attendance is required to perform the duties of this job.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 1, 2021