Supports a one-stop user-friendly approach to on-board the student internship/fieldwork experience. This position facilitates students in the compliance of fieldwork/internship/clinical requirements as defined in agency affiliation agreements. Supports academic departments across all modalities, undergraduate, adult, online, and graduate programs on the Main, Schuylkill, and Philadelphia campus/sites. Interfaces with the Health and Wellness Center to assist in tracking student health requirements required by agency contracts.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Coordinate and review with the Assistant Dean of Academic Compliance and the Health and Wellness Center, as necessary, affiliation agreements to determine student requirements (“leveling”).
- Serve as the point-person for students in all things related to meeting requirements outlined in agency affiliation agreements for the purpose of qualifying to attend an off-site experiential learning.
- Maintain total working knowledge of all requirements and processes to meet the requirements as outlined in the Master List of Academic Compliance.
- Create, maintain, and sustain tracking of student compliance, including the management of a web-based system.
- Support Health and Wellness Center in their processes to collect and track required health information.
- Monitor individual student compliance and communicate with them when items are needed.
- Travel to SCH and PHL sites to meet with students as necessary.
- Maintain flexible ‘office’ hours, including evening hours and virtual (Zoom) availability to meet needs of all undergraduate and graduate student populations.
- Assure that student clinical records are maintained by each academic department, meet federal privacy requirements, and are disposed of appropriately.
- Serve as point-person with outside agency and the Health and Wellness Center to perform on-campus drug screen testing.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Ability to work directly with students and all constituents of university to assist navigating complex systems
- Customer service skills to accompany our student-centered mindset and mission
- 1-3 years’ experience with project management, multi-tasking, and independent decision-making
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Proficient in technology and web-based systems that support databases and organizes information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Healthcare arena background preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with volunteers, including key stakeholders such as the Board of Trustees and President’s Advisory Council.
- Proven effectiveness in one-on-one qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues from across campus.
- Attendance is required to perform the duties of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Willingness and ability to travel to other locations and work occasional evening hours.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: May 24, 2021