Reporting to the Library Director, this person is responsible for the management of library operations, staff, and services on Sunday through Thursday evenings. The Evening Reference and Instruction Librarian will also provide reference assistance, information literacy instruction, and manage all aspects of public services. Oversees interlibrary loan operations. With other professional staff, sets library-wide policies, participates in collection development, acts as faculty liaison, and determines library directions.
- Provides library information literacy instruction and reference assistance
- Manages library operations and facilities on evenings and weekends
- Organizes and coordinates all interlibrary loan and document delivery procedures
- Serves as liaison to faculty in assigned subject areas
- Represents library at campus activities and to external library community
- Promotes Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
- Participates in collection development activities
- Supervises the evening support staff
- Participates in library policy making and management team functions
- Performs other services deemed reasonable by the supervisor.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Excellent communication, information literacy instruction, and managerial skills
- Ability to work an evening and weekend schedule
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job
- Able to lift 25 lbs. and push a library cart weighing 125 lbs.
- Able to navigate and access campus areas and classrooms.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: August 1, 2019