Considering making a change for your future?
Alvernia University understands that transfer students have unique needs - you have already taken classes, experienced college life and started on your way toward achieving your dreams, you don't want to have to start from the beginning again.
Whether you’re coming from a four-year institution or a community college, we are committed to providing you with the personal attention and flexible class schedules that make it easy for you to become part of Alvernia's educational community. We consider each student's academic record individually, so most students find that their previous course work counts toward an Alvernia degree.
The AU transfer application process is simple:
- Submit an application and official transcripts from your high school and any colleges you have attended. For students interested in our Nursing program, we ask that you also submit two letters of recommendation.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (higher for some majors) from a regionally accredited two- or four-year institution.
- A maximum of 75 credits will be accepted in transfer. Students must complete a minimum of 45 credits at Alvernia to receive their degree.
- After you have completed the application process, we will review your application for admission and do an official transfer evaluation to determine your academic class level.
- Typically, courses are accepted to transfer if they are 100 level+ and you received a grade of C or better (this can be higher for certain majors).
If you have any questions about completing your degree at Alvernia, please feel free to email our Transfer Coordinator Bret Krotee or call him at 610-796-8269 (888-ALVERNIA) - he can assist you in transitioning to AU and reaching your educational and professional goals.
“I would tell anyone looking to transfer that you have the chance to be a part of something bigger here at Alvernia University. I call it...."The Alvernia Experience;" the idea that the more involved you are around campus the more you will take out of your four years at Alvernia. The tools to become a great person and an even better leader are here at Alvernia for the taking. Overall Alvernia is the perfect place for anyone to get an unbelievable education, make life-long friends and become a better person in life.”
Four Reasons to Transfer to Alvernia
Our attention to you as an individual, every step of the way, leads to your success at Alvernia — and beyond.
Alvernia has close transfer partnerships with many two-year colleges, so we can make the transition convenient and easy for you.
About 99% of our students receive financial aid, and we offer generous transfer scholarships.
Our transfer students excel academically and socially, AU truly welcomes transfers as part of the campus community.