Graduate Assistant - Athletics and RecreationPart-Time - Year Round - 20 Hours Per Week
The student must be enrolled full-time during the Fall and Spring Semester.
Summary of Duties:
The Graduate Assistant in athletics and recreation will work with the Fitness and Recreation Coordinator and the Intramural Athletic Board.
- Plan, promote, and supervise intramural athletic programs and other recreation and wellness opportunities
- Serve as game day manager for a selection of on and off campus athletic events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and the Mission of Alvernia University.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and current enrollment in an Alvernia graduate program.
- Proven PC skills including desktop publishing and use of collegiate statistical programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Availability to work evenings and some weekends.
- Maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA in graduate education at Alvernia University
Send application/resume to:
Office of Student Financial Planning
400 Saint Bernardine St.
Reading, PA 19607
Alvernia is a growing co-educational Catholic Franciscan institution dedicated to academic and professional leadership based in the liberal arts tradition. Its suburban 85-acre campus outside Reading is within a ninety-minute drive to New York, Princeton, and Philadelphia. Alvernia University is committed to equal opportunity. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of our campus are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: May 7, 2018